OSD600 Release 0.2 PR 3

 We are in the third week of Hacktoberfest and it is getting exciting! This week I decided to work on this issue. They needed someone to add Chateau d'Ax to the name suggestion index. When I first saw this I very nervous as I had no idea how to do it. But it is PR 3, we are halfway done the course, it's time to start taking some risks! So I decided to stop worrying and just "jump in". This approach really paid off! After I let the maintainers know I wan to work on this issue I forked the repo, made a new branch, and cloned to my local machine. I reread the issue, took some time to think about, and started looking at the files that needed to be modified. I noticed I needed to modify a file in the data/brands/shop folder (furniture.json). Adding the data wasn't so bad, the hardest part about this issue was finding the information to add. Most of the information was given in the issue:

When adding the country codes there were some I could not find in the wiki the provided, I also could not find a wiki for Chateau d'Ax so I did what I can, then showed what I have done and asked for some clarification. I have learned when working on Open Source it's better/easier to ask for help than just guess, we have a community, so take advantage! They were very nice and helped me out: 
I then took their feedback, fixed my code, and made a PR. A couple of days after, my code got merged! Out of all the pull requests I have done this semester, this one makes me the proudest of myself. I finally stopped worrying (Something all my friends, family and professors have been telling me to do 😀) Did something out of my comfort zone, and most importantly learned something new. It has only been half a semester and I have learned some much, I can't wait for the second half to learn more! 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OSD600 Release 0.4 Part 3

OSD600 Lab 5

Release 0.3 PR2