OSD600- Release 0.4 Part 2

 To prepare for the issue I am planning on doing for release 0.4 I spent this week reading the code and learning how to view and test the login component I will port from gatsby to next! I first added the folders needed to the next/ directory and copied the LogIn component to next/components, this way everything will be organized while I do my work. One road bump was figuring out where and how to call the components for testing, but after careful study of the code, I learned how to do it. I then comment out the code in index.tsx and called the login component. It didn't work! I realized that since I have not ported the component to next I will not be able to call it from the index.tsx. I have begun reading how to port components and already made some small modifications (eg. changing the hrefs). This week was dedicated to planning and understanding how everything works. I used to think that's not so important, but based on my past experiences I know this will pay off next week! Now I feel more ready then ever to port this component. There are still some things I am unsure of (how to port functions) I am planning on spending the weekend figuring this out. If I still run into issues I will ask for help on Slack. I spent much of this week on lab 9. I like to finish one thing at a time, my plan is to clear my schedule (which I already have) and put all my focus on this. I know this was a pretty slow week in terms of progress on release 0.4 but it will be worth it! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OSD600 Release 0.4 Part 3

OSD600 Lab 5

Release 0.3 PR2